Riverdale RelationSHIPS

Riverdale has become a guilty pleasure that I look forward to every Thursday on Netflix. Along with the storylines that remind me of PLL, which I very much miss, I can rely on these core four to keep me entertained not just in the Riverdale mysteries but also their love lives. After every episode where you never know which character will end up with whom, my friends and I like to debate the details of what happens weekly as well as voice our strong opinons on which relationSHIP we favor.
 
For Valentine's Day, here are TaleswithNicole's views on the Riverdale Core Four.
Please note I did leave some ships out (ex. Vughead & Jarchie) because they have not actually happened.
 
 

 
 
Archie: The Undecided
 
 
The whole premise of the Archie comics is that Archie cannot choose between Girl Next Door Betty Cooper and IT Girl Veronica Lodge. He constantly goes back and forth, dating both girls and it causes some tension in the girl's own friendship. I've noticed fans of Riverdale are annoyed that Archie is currently undecided between loving Veronica and kissing Betty but this dramatic threesome is truly the core of the show.
 
 
#Beronica
 
 
After that Beronica kiss early in S1, some fans have been hardcore shipping B&V. As much as I think this relationship would be fabulous, they already had their window of opportunity to evolve this ship and didn't. Since then both Betty and Veronica have been in other relationships and as we are about to add in Archie in the middle of the two of them. I'm just not sure another love interest angel would be necessary.
I'm a huge fan of B&V in this series, I love their strong friendship and really don't want to see Archie get in the way of that.
 
 
#Barchie
 

In every Archie encounter I've had I have always wanted Archie to end up with Betty. Partly because I think she is more relatable but also because I never liked Veronica much. Betty showed the interest in Archie early in S1 but Archie couldn't see her that way. Now that Archie does see Betty that way, and they recently shared that kiss, I think Barchie is going to have their moment. It's going to happen, besides the fact that it has been hinted at since S1E1, it is also one half of the Archie story. How this couple will affect Jughead & Veronica is yet to be seen. I think that Barchie is a common and predictable outcome and I want to see something different this time, for two different reasons..
 
 
#Varchie
 
 
Veronica & Archie are a ship I loved watching and hope they choose each other in the end. Veronica is a character I've never really liked and I love her character in this series so much, even though V is acting a little shady in most recent episodes. Even Mrs. Lodge and Mr. Andrews used to be a thing (in high school and adult life), its almost as if their meant to be. I want these two to have a solid chance and think that Veronica deserves to find love and happiness with her Archiekins.
 
 
#Bughead
 
 
Jughead & Betty were such an unpredictable couple that I love and hope they find their way back to each other in the end. They are polar opposites that find comfort in each other and generally work really well together. Betty has gone head over heels for Jug and even approved Ronnie dating Archie. It was all very blissful and happy while it lasts. This was a great twist in the show and I think that's why there is so much love for the unexpected couple. While things might be rocky for them at the moment (that Barchie kiss Betty didn't admit to is sure to eventually hit Jug's radar) I really believe the writes will hear the fans out and bring these two together again and again.
 
 




Comments

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to have my lover back…………………………

    Get Your Lover Back forever,

    Help That Really Work Fast,

    Contact him for Relationship/marital problem,

    Thanks to Robinson,,

    R.buckler11 @gmail…… com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen