Netflix Book Tag (Written Version)

 Netflix Book Tag was originally created on youtube by
 A Darker Shade of Whitney

This is the second written book tag I've done and it's actually really fun and different to do because I've only ever seen them done in videos, which just isn't my thing.

It's my 26th birthday (yesterday) and I decided to conbine two of my favorite things into one post, books and Netflix!!
 
I love Netflix, my boyfriend and I originally got Netflix in 2010 while living in university residence and have had it ever since. I love books and Netflix so I have wanted to do this tag for a long time and have watched a lot of people on youtube do this tag so I am excited to finally do my own version of it!


1. Recently Watched
What is the last book you finished reading?
Children of the Corn by Stephen King

Children of the Corn is actually a short story, first published in Penthouse magazine, later published in a short story collection called Night Shift. I have heard terrifying things from this short story and found a free PDF file online. I will have a full review on Children of the Corn coming soon!! And now I can finally attempt watching the movie.

 
2. Top Picks
What is a book/series that has been recommended to you based on book(s) you have previously read?
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
 
I really love murder mysteries and have never read anything by Agatha Christie. I was having trouble finding a murder mystery lately that I didn't figure out before the ending and wanted something to completely shock me. I asked a friend/coworker who I believed read her and asked for her opinion on which one to pick up. She told me she hasn't really read much but HIGHLY suggested And Then There Were None, stating it was one of her favorite books. I read it and was instantly obsessed with it. It is the best murder mystery book I have ever read and I recommend it just as highly. I have started looking into more Agatha Christie books, which I have added to by TBR. I also got ahold of the 3 episode mini series that I cannot wait to watch.

 
3. Recently Added
What is the last book you bought?

Mindhunter by John Douglas
 
I have been hearing really good things about the Netflix Original series Mindhunter and have been wanting to watch it for a while. One of my favorite book bloggers recently read it and had a really interesting review posted. I wasn't a huge fan of the red Canadian/ US cover, so when I saw the white blood splattered UK cover I had to order it. When I get my copy I will post some pictures up on my instagram account (@taleswithnicole)   


4. Popular on Netflix
What is a book(s) that everyone knows about that you've read?
Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher

After the Netflix Original show came out everyone had an opinion. Whether you liked or disliked the show most people then discovered it was a book and it's been a popular selling book again just in time for its tenth anniversary. I originally read Thirteen Reasons Why about nine years ago when I was in high school and fell in love with it. Depression and suicide wasn't something people talked about and bullying was a very real thing in high school that a lot of people can relate to. The book definitely had a positive impact on me but I can see how it could affect others negatively with its content. I have seen may arguments online about the show/book and while I used to defend it I find it best to just stay out of it. Everyone has their opinions and you can find the bad in anything if you look hard enough. Just let people enjoy the things they like, you can state your opinion without getting into a fight because you aren't going to change anyone's already made up mind.


What is a book(s) that everyone knows about that you have no interest in reading?
The Mortal Instruments Series
The Infernal Devices Series
The Dark Artifices Series 
by Cassandra Clare

I was never really interested in any of Cassandra Clare's books, the storyline sounded alright to me but not enough to devote myself to this large of a commitment. Upon the request of a close friend who loves the series, I did read City of Bones a few years ago and barely got through it, it just wasn't for me at all. I have not seen the movie or the TV show on Netflix,  and I have no plans to at this time.
From my understanding of the series, as a coworker who reads the books tried to explain to me, there will be a total of 5 series in this world, I think from different generations. That's a huge book commitment to take on, especially if you are like me and not super into these books. A lot of people love them and I see them all the time online and I did give it a chance but yeah, these just aren't for me.
 

5. Comedies
Pick a funny book.
The Hepatitis Bathtub and Other Stories by NOFX

I bought the book as soon as it came out but haven't read it yet. When I found out the members of the punk rock band actually read it I knew I needed to listen to the audiobook. I have only listened to the first chapter and it will not disappoint, it is insane and hilarious.

 
6. Dramas
Pick a character who is a drama queen/ king.
Eadlyn Schreave
The Heir (The Selection #4) by Kiera Cass

Eadlyn Schreaves makes her debut appearance in The fourth Selection book and is nothing short of a royal brat. She is the main character for books four and five, being the first female to have her own selection in the history of Illéa. She is clearly a princess and has the attitude and self centered mind to prove it. Eadlyn is the definition of a drama queen but she does grow a lot as a character over the course of her two novels.  

 7. Animated
Pick a book with cartoons on the cover.
We Are Okay by Nina LaCour

We Are Okay is an LGBT friendly book about a girl who is alone and lost in the world. The cover immediately drew me to this book, I was and still am completely in love with it. The book itself however couldn't keep my attention. I found the book to be a bore and I wasn't a huge fan of the main character. This is a sad, depressing book that takes place over Christmas break, so I suggest the best time to read it is in the long, cold winter months. Prepare for an emotional ride with this one.  


 8. Watch it Again
A book/series that you would love to reread.

Divergent Series by Veronica Roth

Even though I was not a fan of the movies, I really loved the Divergent books. I loved all three books in the series and have been meaning to reread them for a while because I've only read the series once. Even though the ending of book three (Allegiant) was very unpopular, I was really ok with it. I have been meaning to do a post about the ending of Allegiant for a while.
 

9. Documentaries
What is a nonfiction book that you would recommend to everyone?

Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan

Brain on Fire was the first book I read in 2018 and it was an inspiration and incredible read. It really is truly scary what can happen to our bodies and minds that are beyond our control.


10. Action and Adventure
Pick an action packed book.
Paper Girls 
 
This graphic novel series is an action packed adventures that travels through time and deals with what could be an alien or a government conspiracy. As long as the four preteens traveling in the past and future don't alter things too much. I look forward to every volume of this and have no idea where it will go next or how this disaster could possibly end.


11. New Releases
A book that just came out or will be coming out soon that you cannot wait to get your hands on.
Pretty Dead Girls by Monica Murphy


 
 This new teen murder mystery book is one I have been DYING to get my hands on it since I found out about it around its release in early January 2018. It is compared to Sara Shepard's series Pretty Little Liars and the description for the book just sounds like the perfect book for me. I'm planning on getting it soon, and you will soon be seeing this book all over my instagram account next month!...

Comments

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen