Heart in a Box by Kelly Thompson & Meredith McClaren

When the Man with No Name breaks Emma's heart, she wants to die. But you never die from these things; you just want to. In a moment of weakness, she wishes her broken heart away and a mysterious stranger--who may or may not be totally evil--obliges. But emptiness is even worse than grief, and Emma sets out to collect the seven pieces of her heart spread across the country, a journey that forces her to face her own history and the cost of recapturing it, and leads inevitably to a confrontation with the Man with No Name himself! (goodreads)


I was so excited when I heard of Heart in a Box, it sounded really cool and original. The storyline was really interesting and I wish I had loved this graphic novel as much as I wanted to but unfortunately it didn't deliver. Emma was a character I thought I would easily be able to connect with but I just wasn't a huge fan of her. I felt the story moved too quickly, it really was a good plot and more details and excitement would have added to the enjoyment of it. Emma had to travel across the country to find the pieces of her heart, I just really think there could have been more adventure to it instead of rushing through. I really don't like admitting it but the art didn't appeal to me either. I just felt it wasn't keeping my interest in the story and could have used more details and color.
  
Overall I was disappointed with this graphic novel. It took more energy than it should have to get through it since the plot was actually really interesting it just wasn't represented well enough.

 
My Rating: 1.5/5 Stars
 
 

Comments

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen