The Girls by Emma Cline

Reminiscing back to the summer of 1969, fourteen year old Evie Boyd is experiencing many thrilling things for the first time; sex, freedom, drugs, and relationships with what will soon be known as one of the most infamous cults.
 
The Girls is a highly addictive, beautifully written, fictional story based on Charles Manson, his girls, their lifestyle and one of the most talked about murders to date.
 
After two coworkers raved about this book only partway through it themselves, I dropped everything else to read it. Emma Cline's debut novel blew me away, it's definitely a perfect summer read. Everybody knows of Charles Manson, the girls who followed him, this loosely based work of fiction was a book I didn't even know I needed. There's not much else to say other than how much I loved this book and I highly recommend it! I cannot wait to see what Cline writes next.
 
 
My Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen