The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager

Two Truths and a Lie. The girls played it all the time in their tiny cabin at Camp Nightingale. Vivian, Natalie, Allison, and first-time camper Emma Davis, the youngest of the group. The games ended when Emma sleepily watched the others sneak out of the cabin in the dead of night. The last she--or anyone--saw of them was Vivian closing the cabin door behind her, hushing Emma with a finger pressed to her lips.

Now a rising star in the New York art scene, Emma turns her past into paintings--massive canvases filled with dark leaves and gnarled branches that cover ghostly shapes in white dresses. The paintings catch the attention of Francesca Harris-White, the socialite and wealthy owner of Camp Nightingale. When Francesca implores her to return to the newly reopened camp as a painting instructor, Emma sees an opportunity to try to find out what really happened to her friends.

Yet it's immediately clear that all is not right at Camp Nightingale. Already haunted by memories from fifteen years ago, Emma discovers a security camera pointed directly at her cabin, mounting mistrust from Francesca and, most disturbing of all, cryptic clues Vivian left behind about the camp's twisted origins. As she digs deeper, Emma finds herself sorting through lies from the past while facing threats from both man and nature in the present.

And the closer she gets to the truth about Camp Nightingale, the more she realizes it may come at a deadly price. (
goodreads)

After I read Final Girls I was excited to read anything by Riley Sager after such an incredible first novel. I never expected The Last Time I Lied to be even better.

The Last Time I Lied left my heart pounding and my mind racing. I was getting so many truths and lies I couldn't keep track of all the information I was getting. So much happened I got distracted, like Emma. I questioned things and then forgot about them. Even at the end I still couldn't understand how everything was being pulled together. And the very end, was jaw dropping. Once I got a few chapters in, I was totally trapped in Camp Nightingale, running around following Vivian's clues.

I questioned almost everybody. As the campers, instructors and Harris-White family reunited at the camp, everybody became a suspect to who was targeting Emma, including Emma herself. Emma admits she has secrets, ones that have been haunting her for fifteen years, literally. But Emma isn't the only one with secrets from the summer the girls went missing. Hopefully, the fate of Camp Nightingale doesn't repeat itself...

I truly love Riley Sager novels, I think it is safe to say he is my favorite author. I become completely obsessed in the lies, secrets and mysteries of his novels. The settings are so real and vivid and the characters feel so real. I can literally put myself in the main character's place and be totally shocked by the plot twists. I haven't figured out either of Riley Sager's books.

If you are looking for a heart pounding summer thriller I highly recommend either Final Girls or The Last Time I Lied. Both novels have deep dark mysteries that are throwing twists until the very end.

My Rating: 5/5 Stars

Comments

  1. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen