Netflix Show Recommendations

It's no secret that I love Netflix.
My boyfriend and I originally got Netflix in 2010 while living in university residence and have had it ever since. We don't have any kind of cable or TV set up, just Netflix. If I'm not reading, Netflix is on. I like the TV on when I'm alone in my apartment when I'm writing, cleaning, cooking, in the bath tub. I like having familiar voices around me which is why I usually rewatch the same few shows. Usually I watch Friends, That 70s Show, The Office (and most recently) Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and I will rewatch them about twice a year.
 
But this post is about Netflix Shows that I want to bring attention to because they were so amazing and want to share some of my current favorite shows with you. Since I already mentioned my core 4 shows, they will not be included in this list.

*All description from the shows come from either Netflix CA or Wikipedia.
 
 
Here are my TV show recommendations on Netflix Canada:
 
 
Money Heist
"La Casa de Papel"

"A mysterious man, who goes by the name of El Profesor (The Professor), is planning the biggest heist in history. In order to carry out the ambitious plan, he recruits a team of eight people with certain abilities who have nothing to lose. The goal is to enter the Royal Mint of Spain and print 2.4 billion. In order to do this, they need eleven days of seclusion, during which they will have to deal with sixty-seven hostages and the elite forces of the police." (Wikipedia)


Originally a Spanish crime/drama show, La Casa de Papel came to Netflix with English voice over, which surprisingly does not take away from the show since it is insanely additive.

Part 3 of Money Heist will be coming to Netflix in 2019.



Mindhunter

"Set in 1977 – in the early days of criminal psychology and criminal profiling at the Federal Bureau of Investigation– Mindhunter revolves around FBI agents Holden Ford and Bill Tench, along with psychologist Wendy Carr, who originate the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit within the Training Division at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia. They interview imprisoned serial killers in order to understand how they think, with the hope of applying this knowledge to solving ongoing cases." (Wikipedia)
 

 
Season 2 is expected to come to Netflix late 2018 but no official date has yet been set.
 
 
 
Riverdale
 
"Archie's got an edge, Veronica's got a rep, Betty's got moxie, and Jughead's got attitude. Welcome to the new Riverdale" (Netflix CA)
 
 
Season 3 airs on The CW & Netflix in October 2018.
 
 
 
The Good Place
 
"When Eleanor dies and winds up in an afterlife paradise reserved for only the most ethical people, she realizes she's been mistaken for somebody else." (Netflix CA)
 
 
Season 2 has not be released on Netflix Canada yet.
Season 3 airs on NBC in September 2018. 
 
 
 
Scream Queens
 
"Snobby leader Chanel is dismayed when her elitist sorority is threatened by Dean Munsch, while new student Grace probes the school's mysterious past." (Netflix CA)
 
 
Fox cancelled Scream Queens after Season 2.
 Both Seasons are currently on Netflix CA.
 
 
 
Scream
 
"After a cyber-bullying incident serves as the catalyst for a brutal murder, a group of teenagers become the prime targets of a serial killer, as dark secrets from Lakewood's troubled past resurface and conjure memories of a similar murder that occurred 20 years earlier in the community. Emma Duval, a teenage girl who is somehow linked to the town's past, is the killer's main obsession and the center of these grisly murders. With both her family and friends in apparent danger, she sets out to uncover the town's dark mysteries and unmask the killer once and for all. This proves difficult, however, especially when everyone is a suspect and anyone could be a victim." (Wikipedia)
 
 
Season 3 airs on MTV in 2018.
The new six episode season will have a new cast and setting.
 
 
 
Narcos
 
"Set and filmed in Colombia, based on the story of drug kingpin Pablo Escobar, who became a billionaire through the production and distribution of cocaine, while also focusing on Escobar's interactions with drug lords, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agents, and various opposition entities." (Wikipedia)
 
 
All three Seasons are currently on Netflix CA.
Netflix has renewed Narcos for a fourth Season.
 
 
 
Stranger Things
 
"Stranger Things is set in the fictional rural town of Hawkins, Indiana, during the early 1980s. The nearby Hawkins National Laboratory ostensibly performs scientific research for the United States Department of Energy, but secretly does experiments into the paranormal and supernatural, including those that involve human test subjects. Inadvertently, they have created a portal to an alternate dimension called "the Upside Down". The influence of the Upside Down starts to affect the unknowing residents of Hawkins in calamitous ways.
The first season begins in November 1983, when Will Byers is abducted by a creature from the Upside Down. His mother, Joyce, and the town's police chief, Jim Hopper, search for Will. At the same time, a young psychokinetic girl called Eleven escapes from the laboratory and assists Will's friends, Mike, Dustin, and Lucas, in their own efforts to find Will." (Wikipedia)

 
 
Seasons 1 & 2 are currently on Netflix CA.
Stranger Things has been pick up for a third seasons.
Creators of the show have said the show will end after four or five seasons.
 
 
 
Santa Clarita Diet
 
"Joel and Sheila Hammond are everyday suburban real estate agents in Santa Clarita, California. The couple face a series of obstacles when Sheila has a physical transformation into a zombie and starts craving human flesh. With Joel and the family trying to help Sheila through the trying time, they have to deal with neighbors, cultural norms and getting to the bottom of a potentially mythological mystery." (Wikipedia)
 
 
Seasons 1 & 2 are currently on Netflix CA.
Season 3 was renewed and will air in 2019.
 
 
 
If you love a show on Netflix that is not on my list, please tweet me (@nmshears) or let me know on Instagram (@taleswithnicole). I am always looking for recommendations!

Comments

  1. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen