The Elizas by Sara Shepard

May18 book for Poison Apple Book Club
Instagram: @taleswithnicole

#poisonapplebookclub

"When debut novelist Eliza Fontaine is found at the bottom of a hotel pool, her family at first assumes that it’s just another failed suicide attempt. But Eliza swears she was pushed, and her rescuer is the only witness.

Desperate to find out who attacked her, Eliza takes it upon herself to investigate. But as the publication date for her novel draws closer, Eliza finds more questions than answers. Like why are her editor, agent, and family mixing up events from her novel with events from her life? Her novel is completely fictional, isn’t it?

The deeper Eliza goes into her investigation while struggling with memory loss, the closer her life starts to resemble her novel until the line between reality and fiction starts to blur and she can no longer tell where her protagonist’s life ends and hers begins." (goodreads)



I will immediately buy anything Sara Shepard writes, and usually read it immediately (aside from The Amateurs series which I haven't started). I started reading the Pretty Little Liars books years ago and gave followed Shepard's writing ever since. So when I heard that Sara was coming out with a new adult thriller, I HAD to get my hands on it as fast as possible.

First off, the cover is AMAZING. The way the colors blend into the blue water is gorgeous. And I didn't realize that water would play into the storyline the way it did.

I went into this book not knowing very much, I don't even think I read the description above before I went into it. All I knew about that it was about a girl names Eliza who was an author and an unreliable. I didn't even realize that it was a split narriator, which I really enjoyed. The chapters go between Eliza and chapters from her debut novel that is about to be published.

I actually found The Dots chapters to be more interesting than Eliza's. Dot and Dorothy were such interesting characters and clearly had their underlying drama. Eliza was hard to trust being an unreliable narrator and I questioned her character and sanity several times throughout the novel, never fully trusting her about anything.

The story itself was predictable. I made my theories starting off after a few chapters and the more I read those theories were confirmed until the ending reveal. It was a good story, but I personally just expected something way less predictable. That being said, there definietly were a few twists along the way and even at the end.

I recommend The Elizas to fans of Sara Shepard and of course any Pretty Little Liars. This is a really cool whodunit because of the unreliable narrator. Not only are you guessing what happens in Eliza's real life you are guessing the fate of the characters in her story.

 
My Rating: 4/5 Stars
 
 

Comments

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen