A Court of Frost and Starlight (ACOTAR #3.1) by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Frost and Starlight is a novella that bridges the gap between A Court of Wings and Ruin (ACOTAR #3) and the new spin off series.
 
 
Warning: The link for ACOWAR is a spoiler review.
 
 
"Feyre, Rhys, and their close-knit circle of friends are still busy rebuilding the Night Court and the vastly-changed world beyond. But Winter Solstice is finally near, and with it, a hard-earned reprieve. Yet even the festive atmosphere can't keep the shadows of the past from looming. As Feyre navigates her first Winter Solstice as High Lady, she finds that those dearest to her have more wounds than she anticipated--scars that will have far-reaching impact on the future of their Court." (goodreads)
 
 
This series literally makes my heart swell. I adore these characters and this world so much, it feels bittersweet to return to it knowing this is the end of Feyre and Rhysand's story.
 
This book feels like home. I caught myself smiling like an idiot while reading, literally laughing out loud and being emotional and sappy. These characters feel like friends and I love the way they play off each other.
 
As I mentioned in my spoiler review for ACOWAR, I'm not a huge fan of either of Feyre's sisters, especially Nesta. I always get so angry at her character, most recently how she shuts down Cassian. After what they went through together in the last battle I was so happy he found someone who protected him despite his warrior personality. Seeing the way Nesta was handling things made me upset she was hurting everyone who truly cared for her and resisting letting herself heal and move on, that pissed me off. But, I guess that's Nesta. Having that part of a chapter from Nesta, finally getting inside her head, I think she could still grow on me. I know I'd be more than excited to see her give into Cassian as a mate. Elain on the other hand finally grew on me when she finally stopped feeling sorry for herself and showed her strenght against the King of Hybern. I was happy to see her character developing in a positive way throughout this novella. As for Lucien, I don't feel they will ever be together. I would much rather see her with Azriel.
 
While reading, I thought this would be a perfect book to read every Christmas, like a new tradition to keep me connection to the inner circle and Velaris. Then I realized it's not a Christmas mood at all but a book I should read every Solstice of course, in honor of Feyre's birthday. So I plan to reread the trilogy in the fall and end with this novella again on Solstice.
 
I'm not sure how I will feel about the spin off series because I feel too connection to Feyre and Rhysand. It's hard to imagine them taking a backseat from the main characters. I used to be dreading it, and after ACOWAR I still couldn't let their story go. Now I know why, they weren't ready to end. This novella was a perfect ending to Feyre and Rhysand, and the sneak peek in the back to the spin off series was just enough to suck me in. It's going to be different, I'm still unsure if I could ever enjoy it as much as the original trilogy. Although who am I kidding, I'll read whatever I can get to stay in Velaris.
 
 
A Court of Thorns and Roses Series:
B1: A Court of Thorns and Roses
B2: A Court of Mist and Fury
B3: A Court of Wings and Ruin
Novella: A Court of Frost and Starlight
 
My Rating: 5/5 Stars
 
 
 


Comments

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen