Paper Girls Volume 4 by Brian K. Vaughan, Cliff Chiang, Matthew Wilson & Jared K. Fletcher

The following review does contain spoilers from Volumes 1, 2 & 3.
 
 
"It's the girls' biggest, strangest adventure yet, as Tiffany and her fellow newspaper deliverers Erin, Mac and KJ are launched from prehistoric times into the year 2000, where they finally get some answers about what the hell is happening.
 
In this harrowing version of our past, Y2K was ever more of a cataclysm than experts feared, and the only person who can save the future is a 12- year- old girl from 1988." - back cover of V4
 
 
Paper Girls V4 was an amazing volume that takes place during Y2K! It was actually really cool to see a time that I've experienced but with the alternate reality of robots in the year 2000.

I learned so much about what is actually going on from this volume. While looking for Tiffany in the year 2000, KJ, Mac, and Erin find someone who explains what is going on with the war and who is fighting on each side. It felt to satisfying to have more information to what is going on and what these people from the future and further future are fighting for. I can now root for a side of the war and hope the future that team is fighting for will prevail. Which future will win?

We also get to see another future self of one of our 4 main girls. I really hope over the course of the series we see all the girls in some version of their future. 
One of the girls comes out with a secret that causes a reaction by her fellow newspaper friends. This was an exciting addition I hope is explored more in the future volumes.

The ending was left so unknown, it was exciting but I'm dying to know what time the girls are now in. It's going to be so hard to wait until Volume 5.

Volume 1: Year 1988
Volume 2: Year 2016
Volume 3: Year
Volume 4: Year 2000
Volume 5: Year XXXX

This collection was like the puzzle piece that makes sense of the bigger picture. I'm extremely excited to explore the next timeline!
I highly recommend Paper Girls to fans of aliens, monsters, time travel, and conspiracies. I also recommend Paper Girls to fans of the TV show Stranger Things.


Paper Girls Series:
Volume 1: Issues 1-5
Volume 2: Issues 6-10
Volume 3: Issues 11-15
Volume 4: Issues 16-20

My Rating: 5/5 Stars 

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen