Would You Rather: Book Edition featuring TalesWithTea

When I first started my blog I really wanted it to be related to my favorite book Alice's Adventure in Wonderland but all the related blog names I could think of were already in use. I ended up settling on WonderlanddMadness but never fully settled on the name, especially with the double D in Wonderland.
WonderlanddMadness will always be the heart of my blog but I have since grown as a blogger. I needed a new name. My two closest friends share a blog and were part of the inspiration for me starting my own. TalesWithTea was the first book blog I ever faithfully read, before I even became friends with the co-owners, and they were both so supportive when I took my new name under their inspiration for my own blog and that's how TalesWithNicole bloomed.

 
 
TalesWithNicole & TalesWithTea will be participating in this blog idea I came up with as a fun post for all three of us to do together. Together with Ashlee & Megan let's begin:
 
Would You Rather: Book Edition

 
Would You Rather: Paperbacks or Hardcovers?
 
Ashlee: Hardcover to collect but paperback to physically read.
Megan: P A P E R B A C K. Hardcover is a pain.
Nicole: Hardcover for favorite authors but usually paperbacks.
 

 
Would You Rather: eBooks or Physical Copy?
 
Ashlee: I like eBooks, but I like to have physical copies for my shelves.
Megan: Physical copy! I want my own library <3
Nicole: Physical Copy. I spend enough time looking at screens.
 

 
Would You Rather: Audiobook or Physical Copy?
 
Ashlee: I love physical copies, but audiobooks have been my saving grace. I owe them for helping me get back into reading!
Megan: Physical again
Nicole: Physical copy but I have grown fond of audiobooks recently.

  

Would You Rather: Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter?
 
Ashlee: That's a tough one, but definitely Lord of the Rings.
Megan: Harry potter! Though I've never read Lord of the Rings.
Nicole: I haven't actually read either but I have LOTR. I am collecting the Ravenclaw editions of Harry Potter. I'm more excited to read Harry Potter though.

 
 
Would You Rather: Books or Movies/TV Adaptation?  

Ashlee: In my experience thus far, the book is usually 99.9% better than the movie! I always prefer to read the books first, too.
Megan: This is an evil question! But to be honest I think movies, they get me through stuff. I think movies are usually better (than TV shows) but the shadowhunters tv show blows the movie out of the water.
Nicole: I will always choose the book over the movie/TV show. I enjoy reading it first then watching after.

 
 
Would You Rather: Standalone or Series?
 
Ashlee: I think I prefer a series because it gives you a better chance to world build and create more detailed and in-depth character arcs.
Megan: Oh no that's evil too! Right now I want to say standalone because I'm more in the mood for that, but really I'm a series person.
Nicole: Standalone. Series can be such a commitment sometimes!

 
 
Would You Rather: Female Lead or Male Lead?
 
Ashlee: I have no preference :)
Megan: Girls girls girls. Is is just me or are boys kinda boring?
Nicole: Female lead, they can just me more relatable.
 

 
(While in a reading slump) Would You Rather: Re-read or start a new book?
 
Ashlee: A new book... Though it might take a few tries to find the right one to pull me out of a slump.
Megan: New books until I get into one :)
Nicole: Re-reading an old favorite <3



Would You Rather: Fantasy or Sci-Fi?

Ashlee: Fantasy!! I do like sci-fi, but I'm a sucker for a good fantasy story <3 My favourite stories are fantasy ones <3
Megan: My mind says sci fi but my heart says fantasy <3
Nicole: Definitely Fantasy. I can't seem to get into Science Fiction.



Would You Rather: Classics or Retellings?

Ashlee: I love classics, but I think I love retellings even more. Of course, the classics have to exist in order for the retellings to exist...
So, maybe a bit of both <3
Megan: From what I've read, definitely retellings
Nicole: Classics, but I do love a good retelling!



Would You Rather: Bookmarks or Dog eared?

Ashlee: Ahh, that's a toughie. Sometimes I feel like marking pages and highlighting passages shows how loved a book is. Sometimes I feel like I want to keep my books in perfect condition. I like those little post-it flags, though! You can use a bunch and I don't think they actually hurt the book at all.
Megan: BOOKMARK I'M NOT A MONSTER
Nicole: Bookmarks- NEVER DOG EARED!!!



Would You Rather: Horror or Contemporary?

Ashlee: It depends what mood I'm in, but I'd say that I'd be more apt to pick up horror than contemporary on any given day. I sometimes find contemporary really hard to get into!
Megan: I don't read much of either of these. I think horror is more fun but I'm a chicken.
Nicole: Horror OBVIOUSLY



Would You Rather: Have the main character killed off or have the love interest killed off?

Ashlee: Neither??? I can't say neither? I don't know, that's a really tough question. Maybe the love interest, for no reason other than we can see how the main character grows from going through such a terrible experience...
Megan: This really depends on what's going on in the book, but assuming I'm most attached to the main character I'd rather the love interest be killed off, it usually results in some great character development and also I love to suffer I guess.
Nicole: WHY DOES ANYBODY NEED TO DIE... It would depend how I feel about the main character and the love interest but I would probably rather the love interest dies... 


 
 Would You Rather: Read a book with a cliffhanger ending or read a book with a heartbreaking ending?

Ashlee: Cliffhanger! Otherwise I'll just be a sap and definitely in a slump waiting for the next book!
Megan: Oh no, this depends on the book too, assuming a cliffhanger is a part of a series, then it's okay but I think I'm usually more satisfied with a good heartbreaking ending.
Nicole: Waiting between books with a cliffhanger ending is pure torture. I would have to say I'd rather a heartbreaking ending. At least I can mourn and move on.. A cliffhanger ending will have be obsessing.
 

Comments

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen