Sister, Sister by Sue Fortin

"Alice: Beautiful, kind, manipulative, liar.
Clare: Intelligent, loyal, paranoid, jealous.
Clare thinks Alice is a manipulative liar who is trying to steal her life.
Alice thinks Clare is jealous of her long-lost return and place in their family.
One of them is telling the truth. The other is a maniac. Two sisters. One truth." (goodreads
)
 
 
I have been wanting to read this book since it first came out, so when I noticed the audiobook was on sale I bought it! I thought listening to a thriller would be so fun and exciting. Unfortunately, this book was a bit of a disappointment from the beginning. It may even be my own fault. I built up the suspense for this book and from the brief description that's listed above and even the book cover I assumed the sisters (Alice & Clare) were children. It turns out they aren't, while Alice is kind of a mystery, Claire is an adult who is married with two children of her own. Her life is kind of boing and the opening of the book isn't exciting at all, as we learn more about how Alice fits into the story.
 
I decided I needed to wait until Alice makes her debut before give on Sister, Sister. Clare as a character isn't doing much for me and I feel getting through this book is a chore, but maybe Alice will add the excitement that is promised in this psychological thriller.

It began to become obvious this thriller just wasn't going to be a book for me. It is a little frustrating and within Alice just arriving I can start to see where this plot it going. Clare, who is a smart lawyer, begins to derail and is allowing other people walk over her and whisper things in her ears. I can't speak for the entire book but I believe the overall twist of the two sisters is kind of boring and played out. After looking through reviews for this book, which actually had a lot of great reviews, I came across a few from people who didn't enjoy the book. I read some and confirmed that I had figured out the major plot twist after by chapter 8 into the audiobook. I'm sure there are lots of twists and turns along the way but I unfortunately didn't care enough to find out.

My general rule for reading is the 100 Page Challenge. If you aren't liking a book by the first 100 pages- where the plot and characters should be developed enough to know- I usually put it down. I have so many books on my TBR I don't like to force myself to read a book I'm not enjoying and if I can put a book down, especially a thriller, then it really isn't worth it to me.  

Sister, Sister sadly wasn't the exciting, shocking psychological thriller I was hoping for but I do plan on trying Sue Fortin's other books in the future. 

I would recommend this book for the person out there who is just starting to get into psychological thrillers. I really think they could enjoy this and get them familiar with the genre. For someone who is a great detective and loves the challenge of being shocked by a psychological thriller, I don't think this book will be right for you.   
 
 
My Rating: DNF/5 Stars
 


Comments

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen