The Feeding by Amy Lukavis

"There’s something deadly creeping in the woods outside of the small, sleepy town of Willows. Something with eight legs, sharp fangs and a connection to a local man who died years ago. It needs to feed, and new-to-town Craig is about to find himself on the menu. From Amy Lukavics, author of DAUGHTERS UNTO DEVILS, comes a story that will tap into some of your most primal fears. Do you have what it takes to survive THE FEEDING?" (goodreads)
 
 
I have recently been looking on goodreads hoping to find updates on a new Amy Lukavics book for 2018 (even though I do still have yet to read The Women in the Walls) and I found The Feeding which apparently was released in 2017. Looking more into this amazingly titled story on Amy's website I found out The Feeding is a short story, and it can be found online:  
 
Read THE FEEDING by Amy Lukacivs

This short story plays off of three common fears; carnivals (uh that creepy music gives me shivers!), clowns, and spiders.

The Feeding is told in three parts, flipping from past and present. Starting off each Part is an unnamed man in 1952, who works at a carnival as a clown. His act is highly unpopular and his love for his spiders makes the clown even creepier. Thinking he needs to add to his family of creepy crawlies, he brings into his home a larger, illegal spider, with the most deadly bite... 
In the Now section of each Part, we follow new to town Craig, who's age is unknown, as he starts at his new school in Willows. Craig isn't fond of Willows and is grossed out by how the entire town seems to have a very mysterious spider problem...   

I enjoyed reading this creepy short story, it really kept my interest and I think it has the potential to become a full novel. I felt this was kind of a prequel, or origin story, to what could become a really amazingly creepy horror novel.

This nightmare of a story could be the beginning of something...
I really hope to see more from The Feeding, it was very entertaining and disturbing.

This is a short story you that will send shivers up your spine and make your whole body itchy, perfect for a quick, scary read in the middle of the night when you are all alone..  
 
My Rating: 3/5 Stars
 
 
 


Comments

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen