Silent Hill Downpour: Anne's Story by Tom Waltz & Tristan Jones (Illustrator)

"In the 2012 hit video game Silent Hill Downpour, players were introduced to Anne Marie Cunningham, the enigmatic prison officer bent on bloody revenge against the game's main protagonist, Murphy Pendleton. Now, at last, fans can learn what horrors Anne faced during her fateful journey through Silent Hill's fog-shrouded streets... and what led her to the terrifyingly cursed town in the first place." (goodreads)

I've been a HUGE fan of Silent Hill since I first saw the movie in theatres in 2006 and since then I had discovered the games, Homecoming being my personal favorite. In 2012 when Downpour came out I really liked the character Murphy Pendleton but always wondered what had happened to Anne Cunningham as we explored Murphy's story. This graphic novel is the answer to Anne's personal hell in Silent Hill.

A graphic novel is really the only way to read Silent Hill and I enjoyed every minute of this. I hope more Silent Hill graphic novels come in the future. The art and color was fantastic, especially my favorite Silent Hill creature, the nurse. Seeing familiar faces from Downpour in Anne's story helped jog my memory on the game and what happened in Murphy's story.  

Anne was bloody thirsty for revenge on Pendleton after what happened with her father at another prison. Fueled by rage and hate, Anne's backstory is a string of mistakes and how revenge can ruin your life. Bringing all her past into Silent Hill, Anne's determination to make Murphy pay for what he did finally led to Murphy's confession, the secret that finally set them both free.


If you are a fan of the Silent Hill games and/or movies, especially Downpour, I highly suggest checking this graphic novel out. It gave me so much more understanding on Anne's character and the demons that haunted her in own journey through Silent Hill.

My Rating: 4/5 Stars




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen