And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

First, there were ten - a curious assortment of strangers summoned as weekend guests to a private island off the coast of Devon. Their host, an eccentric millionaire unknown to all of them, is nowhere to be found. All that the guests have in common is a wicked past they're unwilling to reveal - and a secret that will seal their fate. For each has been marked for murder. One by one they fall prey. Before the weekend is out, there will be none. And only the dead are above suspicion. (goodreads)

10 Guests:
1. Mr. Justice Wargrave
2. Vera Claythorne
3. Philip Lombard
4. Miss Emily Brent
5. General Macarthur
6. Dr. Armstrong
7. Anthony Marston "Tony"
8. Mr. Blore "Davis"
9. Thomas Rogers
10. Ethel Rogers

Ok so I literally just finished And Then There Was None and I am so blown away. This book was so amazing, it is without a doubt the best murder mystery book I have ever read.

Clues are next to none, I don't think it is meant to be easily figured out and honestly I'm really good at figuring out murder mystery books. Like really good, it has actually been getting difficult to find books that throw me off and this book just had me guessing and second guessing all over the place.


I wanted to keep track of all 10 characters, so I made a list of them and crossed them off as they were murdered. After each person I crossed off I related back to the poem as a clue to how the next person would go, determined to see a pattern or path that would help me figure out the killers identity. Even this did not help me. The 10 Little Soldiers poem is a huge part of this novel which I really enjoyed.

The ending wrapped up so nicely. I can't even express how brilliant this was organized and written. One of the most appealing parts, when the book was recommended to me by a friend/coworker, was that everything gets explained. The 10 guests had no idea who was doing this to them and eventually began to even suspect each other. 
If you are fans of psychological thrillers, murder mysteries, the game CLUE or even just need a bone chilling book, I highly recommended this oldie.

This was the first Agatha Christie book I ever read and it definitely will not be my last. I have already purchased my next one.

My Rating: 5/5 Stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen