Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris

"The perfect marriage or the perfect lie?"
 
For fans of Gone Girl this is a physiological thriller you won't want to miss!

Grace and Jack are the perfect couple. Jack is a successful lawyer who has never lost a case, they live in the biggest house, take the best vacations, host the most elegant dinner parties. You can't help but love them and want to become best friends with Grace, but you never get the chance because Jack is always with her. You might think it's just newlywed bliss but you begin to notice Grace doesn't answer the phone or the door, and she doesn't go anywhere in public with Jack, they even share an email address.
You might start to wonder what happens in the Angel house behind closed doors. And if there is a thin line between the perfect life and the perfect lie.



When I started reading this I had so many mixed thoughts. First of all it is so obvious that there is something sinister going on in this house, that they are clearly not the perfect couple I just couldn't put my finger on it right away. My mind immediately went to suspecting Grace, mostly because the story is told from her point of view, from the past upon meeting and starting a relationship with Jack to the present, with the two stories eventually meeting together. My suspicion of Grace was mainly because we would only get her side of the story, so she could say whatever about Jack and that's all we would know and have to trust her word. Without giving anything away this is a far more twisted story than even I saw coming and my head was constantly spinning. As more information came to light I could not figure out how this could possible end with a decent outcome. But eventually the lies caught up, which brought on the downfall.
THE ENDING.
The ending of this novel was such a snowball effect. An idea formed and it just completely took off and was so fast paced. My jaw was left open after everything had been concluded up. I am a little interested in what the consequences of the actions will be, I really hope B.A. Paris does more with this story on that because I would love to see it happen. The what comes next for that character. 

I was so impressed with B. A. Paris first novel, and I look forward to reading her second (not related) novel The Breakdown which comes out Summer 2017.


Behind Closed Doors is a fantastic mystery read that got me out of a slum. Once I started I couldn't stop until I knew everything!!



My Rating: 4/5 Stars
 
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen