The Woods Volume 1: The Arrow by James Tynion IV & Michael Dialynas

An entire high school is transported to an alien moon outside our known universe. As tension between the faculty and students grow violent, 6 students escape out into the forest to get some answers. But there is always something dangerous waiting to kill them in the shadows...
 
 
After binge watching Stranger Things on Netflix a few months ago, I needed something similar to fuel my obsession. Recently before that I became exposed to the alien world, while playing Aliens: Isolation on Xbox 360 with my boyfriend. Needless to say I haven't been able to get away from the creepy aliens since. I lucked out by finding this first volume at a thrift store while book shopping with friends and somehow managed to save it for a Halloween Day read, which I am glad I did.  
 
The Woods was amazing.
There is so much mystery as to why and how the school has appeared on an alien moon in an unknown universe, in what year? We have no idea. There are so many questions. Against the faculty's wishes, 6 students see best fit to not be sitting ducks and leave to explore and find some answers. They come across so many alien creatures, not all trying to kill them, but most are definitely a danger to them. But can these students trust each other? And if this isn't just a mistake, what are they really there for? Will they ever get back to Earth?
This is a graphic novel series I cannot get enough of and look forward to tracking down the next volume soon.
I also look forward to seeing more of this beautiful alien moon and its mysterious creatures.
 
 
This is a fantastic read, I highly recommend this for fans of the TV series Stranger Things.
 
The Woods Series:
Volume 2: The Swarm
Volume 3: New London
Volume 4: Movie Night
Volume 5: The Horde
Volume 6: The Lost
Volume 7: The Black City
 
 
My Rating: 5/5 Stars
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen