Paper Girls Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan, Cliff Chiang, Matthew Wilson & Jared K. Fletcher

"In the early hours after Halloween of 1988, four 12-year-old newspaper delivery girls uncover the most important story of all time. Suburban drama, supernatural mysteries collide in this smash-hit series about nostalgia, first jobs, and the last days of childhood."
 
- taken from the back cover
 
Paper Girls follows 12-year-old Erin as she meets some new friends early morning while delivering the paper. Seeing and hearing some weird things, they accidentally get involved in some science that it way over their head. Erin and her friends time travel, and their actions could save or destroy the future, and the home they hope is still waiting for them.
 I absolutely loved this graphic novel. It was something my coworkers could not stop talking about, and I couldn't get my hands on it fast enough. After I finished this volume I was left so shocked and excited for the next one. The ending of the first volume was insane, I can't believe the crazy set up for the second volume. The art in this graphic novel was amazing, I really enjoyed it. The artwork felt very old school which made it so enjoyable since the original setting is in the late 1980s.  
I recommend Paper Girls for fans of aliens, monsters, time travel and conspiracies. I also highly recommend Paper Girls for fans of the TV show Stranger Things.
 

Paper Girls Series:
Volume 1: Issues 1-5
Volume 2: Issues 6-10
Volume 3: Issues 11-15

My Rating: 5/5 Stars 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen