NERVE by Jeanne Ryan


Are you a Watcher or Player?
 
"Watchers pay to watch, players play to win."
 
High school student Vee is not the kind of girl who would ever try out for the online game Nerve. Living in the shadows of her fabulous best friend and even working behind set of the school play, Vee doesn't do anything dangerous... except the accident.
Vee gets caught up with all Nerves amazing giveaway prizes for her simple dares. But when the dares become more dangerous the prizes also get sweeter and soon Vee and her teammate Ian are playing for the grand finale prize, and their lives.
 
 
After reading the prologue, I felt instantly nervous. Going through the game with Vee and Ian seemed risky, but I couldn't stop thinking "how will this get worse". Since first meeting Ian I was skeptical of him, from the way he acted to the prizes he won that he deeply desired. I loved Vee. We didn't really share common interests but I felt her constant anxiety and questioning herself as a person. I also appreciate her suspicion of everything and hope that would help keep her safe in the grand prize dares.
 
The book had an amazing pace. With the first half following Vee and Ian through the dares, the whole second half was the grand prize dares; which was a constant roller coaster.
I only heard of NERVE a few weeks ago from the movie trailer, staring Emma Roberts and Dave Franco. I recall seeing something after about reading the book before seeing the movie, so I waited until the movie cover paperback was released and bought it immediately. I usually don't care for movie cover books but I love this one and the original cover wouldn't have gotten to me in time before the movie hit theatres. From seeing the trailer I can tell it's a lot different from the book but I'm really excited to experience it again and see how well I enjoy the movie. Because I loved his book. And even though a lot seemed changed, like the dares, it's the same idea and maybe just as good!
 
Click either Watcher or Player above, both links will bring you to something related to the movie.
 
My Rating: 4/5 Stars



 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen