A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

"She stole a life.
Now she must pay with her heart."
 
When nineteen year old Feyre is hunting in the woods to feed her family, she kills, what she assumes to be, a wolf. A beast creature shows up at her family's little house and demands a life for the life that was taken, and instead of choosing death, Feyre agrees to go with the beast and live in the magical world she only heard about in stories. As she learns more about Tamlin and the beautiful Fae world, her hostile attitude towards him turn into a fiery passion. As Tamlin and his friend Lucien open up about the dangers of the Fae world, no one talks about the curse that shadows over them. Can Feyre save Tamlin from whatever secrets he isn't telling her about, or threaten to doom him forever.

 
I absolutely loved and highly recommend this Beauty and the Beast Retelling. It's a beautiful story with secrets, adventure, surprises, an extraordinary Fae world, and romance. The love that Feyre develops for Tamlin is truly so strong it overcomes so many physically and emotionally defeating obstacles. The challenges Feyre faces near the end of the novel were so intense I couldn't stop reading, never knowing how she would possibly get out of each event. Her character is a very strong one, and I definitely cannot wait to see how she lives with the choices she made in A Court of Mist and Fury. Tamlin is such a complex character, but I always felt drawn to him. I enjoyed getting to know him and Lucien over the course of the novel and really admire the loyalty and friendship they have. We learned a lot about Lucien's family and past life, I hope this next novel goes more in dept with his and Tamlin's past. Feyre and Lucien's friendship is also so special and I hope to see it develop more over the next novel. The setting of the Spring Court was so beautifully designed. And as much as I'm looking forward to go back there in the second novel, I'm also excited to explore the Night Court.
Overall, A Court of Thorns and Roses is breathtaking. I could not put this novel down from beginning to end. It pulled on my heart strings, and made me hold my breath a few good times. I cannot wait to get my hands on A Court of Mist and Fury to find out where the characters I love so much go next. Their adventures have only just begun.
 
Is it May yet!?
 
Book 2: A Court of Mist and Fury
Book 3: A Court of Wings and Ruins
 
My Rating: 5/5 Stars
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen