Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard


"Power is a dangerous game".
 
In a world where society is divided based on the colour of your blood, you're either an Elite Silver blessed with God-like powers, or a Red Slave. Mare Borrow, is a seventeen year old who has felt the poverty life struggles of being a Red commoner her whole life. She knows where her life is headed and there is nothing she can do to stop her destiny. Until, unexpected she finds herself working in the Silver Royal Palace. It is there, in front of many Silver Elites, Mare discover she has deadly powers of her own. A red with silver powers, that would destroy the silvers balance of power. The Royal Silvers try to hide the truth about Mare in plain sight, and if Mare steps out of place, it's not only her own life she jeopardized, but her family as well.
 
I first fell in love with this books cover, it is BEAUTIFUL.
It took me a little while to get ahold of this book. Red Queen is such a different world, more fantasy, than I'm used to reading. I'm glad I stuck with it though. I did instantly grow fond of the main character Mare, and her friend Cal. I felt growing that connect with Mare, then having her placed in the palace where it was discovered a red having silver elite powers, was so intense. I had to hold my breathe for the majority of the book, nervous for her life. Mare is just a brave and strong person, she's someone to look up to and I love strong female types. The ending was so unexpected and heartbreaking, I absolutely cannot wait for the next book (Glass Sword available February 2nd, 2016). This book, it's world, and it's characters are all beautiful. I highly recommend Red Queen.
 
Book 2: Glass Sword
Book 3: King's Cage
Book 4: War Storm
Novella: Cruel Crown
 
My Rating: 4/5 Stars
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen