Cinder by Marissa Meyer


Before starting this book, it was described to me as Cinderella meets Sailor Moon. After reading Cinder, I can definitely see references to both. 
 
A deadly plague pollutes the streets of New Beijing, affecting thousands of people. A cyborg draft has been put in place to help find a curse, but no cyborg has survive the testing. Cinder is an adopted cyborg, and Beijing's best mechanic. When Prince Kaito seeks her out to fix his broken android that contains important information that just might be able to save the planet, how can Cinder say no? Unknowingly, Cinder put herself in the middle of every situation, and time is limited. Prince Kai is also struggling to keep the peace between New Beijing and the Moon's Lunar leader, Queen Levana. She is the definition of evil, and threatens war if she does not obtain what she desires. But Queen Levana's requests are high, and Prince Kai will have to decide what to sacrifice in order to save his people.
 
I wasn't expecting to love this book as much as I did. I know a few people who had already read it and never heard a bad thing about it so it was time to give it a soils chance. Although, the cyborg part to it was what I thought wouldn't grab me. I was totally wrong, I am addicted to this series. Cinder is such an amazing, unique version of Cinderella, and all the characters were brilliantly thought out. I love the relationship Cinder has with her android Iko, and even her stepsister Peony. And I always felt the frustration Cinder did when it came to her stepmother. What made this even more perfect was the added Lunar touch. Queen Levana is a character I love to hate, and the whole Moon kingdom was a genius addition to this pulsing story. I couldn't put this book down, and I can't get my hands on the rest of the series fast enough! Brilliant work Marissa Meyer, I am especially excited to see what she does in her stand alone novel Heartless. I can imagine her doing a marvellous job with Wonderland.

The Lunar Chronicles Series: 
Book 2: Scarlet
Book 3: Cress
Prequel: Fairest
Book 4: Winter
Novella: Stars Above
 
*It has been suggested to me that reading the prequel Fairest should happen before the fourth and final book in the series, Winter, to fully understand the character Queen Levana.
 
My Rating: 5/5 Stars
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen