One by Sarah Crossan

"Two lives. Two sisters. One choice."
 
Grace and Tippi are conjoined twins who were not expected by their doctors to survive past the age of two. They have gotten used to the staring, the pointing and the gasps, but they still worry as the two sixteen year olds are about to enter public school for the first time. The lives of Grace and Tippi affects their whole family and they are soon forced to make some life changing decisions they did not ever wish to make.
 
This book was beautifully written in the form of poems, which I enjoyed. The poem styled writing also makes One a quick read. The ending was so sad but it did not affect me as much as I thought it would. I felt I did not know Grace and Tippi well enough as characters to react in a devastating way. I am glad I read this book, it was a totally different story and I did enjoy it, although I do not think I would give it a second read. I have enjoyed Crossan's books in the past and I'll continue to read her work. I'm so conflicted about One though, I liked it but it was also uneventful until the very end.
 
My Rating: 2.5/5 Stars
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen