Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

"We're all mad here".

While studying in a London park with her older sister and cat, a very bored Alice takes notice to a peculiar white rabbit. Following the white rabbit, Alice stumbles down a rabbit hole into the strange world of Wonderland where everyone is mad and nothing is ordinary. Along her journey to get back home she meets a lot of interesting characters and occasionally finds her curious self getting into trouble.
 
When I was little, I had a golden book of Alice in Wonderland that I loved, and was also one of my favourite Disney movies. When I found out it was an actual book I couldn't get my hands on it fast enough. I have read and reread it several times over the last decade and it is still my number one favourite book of all times. I also enjoy the original artwork in the story, it's a nice addition, especially after Alice mentions in the first chapter "what is the use of a book without pictures". Alice is such a curious troublemaking young girl, which is what I love about her. She's curious about everything, and in a place like Wonderland there's a lot of interesting things to question about. The book is filled with so many favourite characters like Mad Hatter, the Cheshire Cat, and even the Queen of Hearts (Red Queen). I personally own a number of copies of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, it's definitely a story I wish to share with my own potential children in the future.
 
Book 2: Through the Looking Glass
 
My Rating: 5/5 Stars

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen