Daughters Unto Devils by Amy Lukavics

"Imagine Stephen King writing Little House on the Prairie."
  - Cat Winters, author of In The Shadow of Blackbird
 
Amanda Verner is a sinner.
When sixteen year old Amanda discovers she is pregnant, she is pleased to learn her family will be relocating from their mountain cabin to the prairies to escape the terrible winter ahead. Amanda feels it is the perfect start to a new life, away from the boy who left her with this horrible fate and the painful memories of last winter no one speaks about. When her family arrived to their new house on the prairies and discovers the inside of the house to be covered with blood, Amanda feels something is not right. Slowly worrying she is losing her mind, Amanda begins to hear and see some awful things. Amanda has so much guilt and sin collecting inside her, and must determine if these demons she's silently fighting are in the land of the prairies or inside herself.
 
As I finished this book, my heart was pounding. I was so exciting for this book I could hardly wait to get into it. It started off a little slow for me, and the mountain/ prairie life was a new angle for me that took a little getting used to. Then it started getting eerie and my mind was racing to put together theories of how this book would evolve; all were wrong! Lukavics kept me going in all different directions until the very climax in the last several chapters. It was so thrilling my heart was pounding till the very end. It was scary, disturbing towards the end, everything I hoped it would be. I was told my a friend that the small, cursive writing all over the cover is suppose to mean something to the story, and I was excited to learn it did and how the words were important in the story. I highly recommend this read and cannot wait to see what other chilling horror stories Amy Lukavics puts out!

My Rating: 4/5 Stars
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen