Down The Rabbit Hole by Holly Madison

To be honest, when I purchased this former Playboy Bunny's tell all novel, I expected it to be somewhat of a joke. Filled with bragging stories about meeting celebrities, endless parties, and the luxurious Hollywood lifestyle, my lack of judgement assumed Madison did not have much else to offer. Although, what I ended up getting hit closer to home than I ever could have imagined. Madison' s description of her years at the Playboy mansion were much more relatable and dark. She bravely tells her personal experiences with drugs, alcohol, sex, depression, mean girls, as well as years of verbal and emotional abuse from the one and only Hugh Hefner. She demonstrates the feeling of being trapped and how difficult it is to leave a toxic relationship when blinded by love. Several times while reading I thought to myself, "why does she stay! He's so horrible and she just takes it." And that's when it hit me, I was an outsider looking in, and this is what an abusive relationship is like.
 
Holly Madison might not be the most ideal role model, but I was personally inspired by the depth of her story. This book is one of my top favorites and I highly recommend it.

My Rating: 5/5 Stars
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spoiler Review: We Can Be Mended

Spoiler Review: Final Girls by Riley Sager

Wonderland: The Queen of Hearts vs. Red Queen